Time: 1 hour (15 minutes prep, 30 minutes bake, 10 minutes to cool)
Mamma’s gonna knock you out…. If you like flourless chocolate cake this takes it to a whole new level. A friend described it as a liquid mounds bar. By using coconut instead of butter, you get more flavor and less sugar.
- 1 bag (12 oz) semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a double boiler, turn the water on medium and melt the chocolate
- Add the coconut oil to the chocolate, stirring until smooth
- Move the mixture to a 10 inch round glass bowl or casserole dish. The deeper bowl, the gooier the cake.
- Wisk in the sugar, then the eggs.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes. Ensure the top is hard. The middle will remain molten chocolate due to the depth of the bowl. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve the cake in this dish with a large spoon into mugs. Optional: add coconut ice cream.
Adapted from Epicurious Flourless Chocolate Cake