Chocolate Sauce with Coconut Oil
Ok, I admit it. I am a sucker for chocolate sauce. My favorite kind is rich and thick with a hint of sweetness. As you can see, this one pours very slowly.
My grandma’s recipe is fabulous but loaded with butter and corn syrup so I adapted it with coconut oil.
Serves: 6 to 8
Time: 15 minutes + cooling time
- 16 oz Semi Sweet Chocolate (2 boxes)
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk
- In a small sauce pan or double boiler, melt the chocolate on medium heat.
- Stir in the coconut oil until it’s creamy.
- Then add the coconut milk and stir until it’s mixed in completely.
- Remove from the heat and cool.
Note: This chocolate sauce can be kept outside of the fridge for at least a week. It’s never lasted longer than that in my house! If you prefer to refrigerate, it will become solid so heat it for 30 seconds before serving.