These rich chocolate almond balls are so satisfying that I call them Chocolate O balls. The recipe takes a bit longer because the mixture needs to be just soft enough to mold into balls, so be sure you leave yourself enough time to make them. Time: ~3 hours Ingredients:
- 16 oz (2 boxes) of bakers semi sweet chocolate
- 5 TBS Almond butter (use Cashew butter if you are hypothyroid)
- 6 oz shredded coconut flakes, ideally unsweetened
- In a pot, melt the chocolate on medium high.
- Once the chocolate is soft, turn off the heat and stir in the almond butter.
- Set it aside to cool until you can spoon out the mixture into small balls (~2-3 hours). Warning: You can also put them in the fridge for 20-30 minutes to speed cook, but watch out. If you forget and they harden (as has happened to me many times) you’ll need to melt the entire mixture and start over.
- With a spoon, scoop out the mixture and create soft balls about 1 inches thick.
- Roll each ball in the shredded coconut to cover the entire exterior.
Done! Enjoy Xo Adelma